CPGA's John Farrell Featured on SiriusXM PGA TOUR Radio
John Farrell, Head Professional of Harbour Town Golf Links, was recently featured on SiriusXM PGA TOUR Radio to provide a preview of the RBC Heritage and how his team prepared for this week's big event. Listen to his interview HERE and be sure to continue following along with the RBC Heritage down in Hilton Head Island, SC at PGATour.com!
National Golf Day
Today is National Golf Day! Industry leaders are on Capitol Hill to meet with Congressional Leaders and discuss the game's economic, charitable, environmental and fitness benefits. Did you know golf courses protect wildlife habitats, use natural resources efficiently & support research for eco-friendly solutions? That walking 18 holes is the equivalent of a 3.5 mile run or 5 mile walk? Or, that the industry is a source for millions of jobs?
Golf is great in so many ways! Why is golf more than a game to you - share with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram today in celebration and support of National Golf Day with We Are Golf. #NGD15
Event Updates from HQ
TAKING PLACE: The CPGA District 10 Meeting, led by District 10 Director, Rick Murphy, is in progress today and tomorrow at Pity's Sake Lodge in China Grove, NC!
POSTPONED: Old North State CPGA Senior Open
Due to unfavorable playing conditions, the decision has been made to postpone and reschedule the Old North State CPGA Senior Open. We apologize very much for the timing of this news, however, the following factors have led us to this decision:
1. The weather forecast for Monday includes 80% chance of showers beginning late in the day Monday, continuing through Monday night, with 100% chance of rain all day Tuesday.
2. The condition of the golf course is unfortunately not where McConnell Golf, Old North State Club, and the Carolinas PGA would like it to be to showcase to our members and guests.
We feel these factors would not give this event as much value as it should. Again, we realize the timing of this decision is not ideal and do apologize for that.
The tournament IS going to be rescheduled for July 20-21, 2015.
Thank you everyone for your understanding and cooperation with this decision. For further information regarding this event, please visit http://carolinas.pga.com/Tournaments/tournament/6212/
BlueGolf Accounts & Mobile Phone Apps
We wish to remind all CPGA Members and Apprentices that they all have existing accounts within our BlueGolf tournament software. You can access the Players Club by clicking here. In order to login, you can either use your existing BlueGolf ID or your PGA number. If you do not know your password, the system can help you.
Highlights of the services available to you in the Players Club include:
- Register online to play in most CPGA tournaments. You can even register for multiple tournaments at the same time.
- View your current registration status for each tournament.
- See a complete registration payment history for tournaments in which you registered online.
- View in-depth results for each tournament that you participated in and use the interactive tools to analyze your performance.
Also, we want everyone to note that iPhone and Android Apps are available for your mobile phones. These FREE apps are available through Apple’s App Store and the Android Market and are compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android devices. With these Apps you will be able to register for any CPGA Tournament with a simple few clicks on your personal phone. Below is additional information on the features of this CPGA BlueGolf App and instructions on how to download this App on your mobile phone.
- View full tournament schedule from your phone
- Register for ANY CPGA Tournament from your phone
- Keep up with leaderboards and POY standings
[Read Full Article]